“Blessed be the name of God, forever and ever, He knows all, does all: He changes seasons and guides history, He raises up Kings and also brings them down, He provides both intelligence and discernment, He opens up the depths, tells secrets, sees in the dark- light spills out of him. God of all my ancestors, all thanks! all praise! You made me wise and strong. And now you have shown us what we asked for. You’ve solved the king’s mystery “” Eugene H. Peterson PSALM 46
I bless God every chance I get; my lungs expand with his praise. I live and breathe God; if things aren't going well, hear this and be happy: Join me in spreading the news; together let's get the word out. God met me more than halfway, and freed me from my anxious fears. Look at him; give him your warmest smile. Never hide your feelings from him. When I was desperate, I called out, and God got me out of a tight spot. God's angels set up a circle of protection around us while we pray. Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see how good God is. Blessed are you who run to him. Worship God if you want the best; Worship opens doors to all his goodness. Eugene H. Peterson, Do you think of the Christian life as something that lifts you out of the realm of the mundane into something more majestic? If so, you're wishing in the wrong direction. The Christian faith draws us deeper into the stuff of creation: bodies, money, emotions, and relationships. Some of the stuff we ...
Love never gives up. Love cares for others more than self. Love doesn't want what it doesn't have. Love doesn't strut, Doesn't have a swelled head, Doesn't force itself on others, Isn't always "me first," Doesn't fly off the handle, Doesn't keep score of the sins of others, Doesn't revel when others grovel, Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth, Puts up with anything, Trust God always, Always look for the best, Never looks back, But keeps going to the end. Love never dies. Inspired speech will be over someday; praying in tongues will end; understanding will reach its limit. We know only a portion of the truth, and what we say about God is always incomplete. But when the Complete arrives, our incompletes will be cancelled. When I was an infant at my mother's breast, I gurgled and cooed like any infant. When I grew up, I left those infant ways for good. We don't yet see things clearly. We're squinting in a fog, peering th...
Comments
Post a Comment