I Shall Not Fear

I shall not fear

The ebbing of the light

Nor dread the engulfing darkness.


For I have seen

The face of a loving God

Within a child's eyes.

Colin Ian Jeffery



Peace

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love with all my soul.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen.


Sleep sweetly  in this quiet room, oh thou, who're thou art

and let no mournful yesterdays disturb thy peaceful heart,

nor let tomorrow scare thy rest with thoughts of coming ill

thy Maker is thy changeless friend his love surrounds thee still

forget thy self and all the world, put out each feverish light

the stars are watching overhead, sleep sweetly then, goodnight.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Speak Jesus

A David Psalm, when he outwitted Abimelech and got away. (Psalm 34)

The Innkeeper’s Wife