One By One

 I stand tall and free

Without Death

Terrorizing my soul.


For those who die in faith

Shall rise again

Dead are not forgot

Asleep in quiet fields of repose.


God's love makes them free

And they shall enter Paradise

Blessed as angels... one by one.

Colin Ian Jeffery



PRAYER

Dear Lord,
How hard it is for me to see myself as a mighty warrior-
me, the runt of the litter.
So often I've seen myself as someone merely grinding out my daily bread,
not someone going off to battle.
And yet you've singled me out not to farm but to fight.
Help me go forward in the strength you've given me,
obeying your command that has sent me,
and focusing on your adequacy rather than my inadequacy.
Please help me with the image I have of myself as so small and weak.
Eugene H. Peterson


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Speak Jesus

A David Psalm, when he outwitted Abimelech and got away. (Psalm 34)

The Innkeeper’s Wife