Prayer

 Dear Heavenly Father

You know the names of each and every person who has ever existed,

who exists now, and who will ever exist.

Such knowledge is so difficult for me to comprehend.

What is even more difficult to understand

is that you love each and every person behind the names.

Thank you that I am one of the names that you know,

one of the people you love.

I feel so privileged to have a part to play in the larger story of salvation.

However small a part, Lord help me to realise that it isn't insignificant.

How many people are in paradise today because of one line spoken by a thief 

on a cross/

Give me the strength to say my lines with grace and dignity

so a wonderous play can go on

and so paradise might be fuller

because I played my part, said my lines, and exited quietly.

Thank you for my name.

As I say it aloud, whisper to me what you think of the person who bears it...

Eugene H. Peterson





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Speak Jesus

A David Psalm, when he outwitted Abimelech and got away. (Psalm 34)

The Innkeeper’s Wife