Come Holy Spirit

 Come Holy Spirit to this place

Come fill this place with fire

To cleanse us, shake us,

Fill with awe, Your presence

Your desire.


You have been sent to teach all things

To comfort and to show

It's not by power or by might

But by the Spirit now.


When Jesus was upon the earth

He said the Comforter would come

To only those who would believe

And be witness of His Son.


You think there may be other ways

To the Father, please take heed.

Jesus said "I am the way, the

Truth, the Life no other you will need.


We fight not flesh, but powers unseen

And principalities of might.

But Jesus resurrection showed

The devils must take flight.


Oh, Father God, my strength, my shield

I worship You this day

Though time is passing quickly now

Your Kingdom come today!

Kathryn King





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Speak Jesus

A David Psalm, when he outwitted Abimelech and got away. (Psalm 34)

The Innkeeper’s Wife