Prayer

 Dear God, God-of-the-Angel-Armies,

 Thank you that you're a strong God, a warrior God, a God who battles

    for my heart and mind,

       for my economic interests and my personal decisions,

            for my family and friends.

 Thank you that you tolerate no rivals,

    no allegiances that are alien to you or antagonistic to you.

       jealous to be the centre of my life,

             without competition.

 Help me to love you with all my passion, all my prayer, all my muscle, and all my

      intelligence.

 If there is some area of my life that you need to judge,

      please reveal it to me now so I might repent of it

          and restore you to the centre of my life, where you rightly belong.

Eugene H. Peterson





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Speak Jesus

A David Psalm, when he outwitted Abimelech and got away. (Psalm 34)

The Innkeeper’s Wife