Prayer

 Jesus,

How I love to say your name!

The syllables murmur like a meadow brook.

Thank you for loving me, for wanting to be with me,

How I long for you to take me away with you

To new places of adventure.

New places of intimacy.

New places of service

Protect me from the little foxes that might destroy our relationship

especially the foxes of complacency and ingratitude.

You have given me all so much and all so freely.

Help me be attentive to every gift

and appreciative of every gift.

Consume me with your love.

May the flame that burns in you for me

ignite my heart to burn for you.

Forgive me for the times I have been unresponsive to you

How that must hurt you.

Grant me a fuller taste of your love for me.

so I might fall more fully in love with you.

Give me a fresh taste of your wine, 

Jesus

Eugene H. Peterson







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Speak Jesus

A David Psalm, when he outwitted Abimelech and got away. (Psalm 34)

The Innkeeper’s Wife