Song of Songs

 The Man


You're so beautiful, my darling,

so beautiful and your dove eyes are veiled

By your hair as it flows and shimmers,

like a flock of goats in the distance

streaming down a hillside in the sunshine

Your smile is generous and full-

expressive and strong and clean

Your lips are jewel red,

Your mouth elegant and inviting

your veiled cheeks soft and radiant.

The smooth, lithe lines of your neck command notice

all heads turn in admiration!

Your breasts are like fawns,

twins of a gazelle, grazing among the 

first spring flowers

The sweet, fragrant curves of your body,

the soft spiced contours of your flesh

invite me, and I come. 

I stay until dawn breathes its light and night slips away.

You're beautiful from head to toe,

my dear love, beautiful beyond compare,

absolutely flawless.

Eugene H. Peterson




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Speak Jesus

A David Psalm, when he outwitted Abimelech and got away. (Psalm 34)

The Innkeeper’s Wife