Living Worship To God (Isaiah 66)

God's Message:

 "Heaven's my throne, earth is my footstool.

What sort of house could you build for me?

What holiday spot is reserved for me?

I made all this ! I own all this!"

God's decree.

"But there is something I'm looking for:

a person simple and plain, reverently 

responsive to what I have to say".


" I know everything they have ever done

or thought.

I'm going to come and then gather everyone-

all nations, all languages.

They'll come and see my glory. I'll set up a

station at the centre. I'll send the survivors of

judgement all over the world: Spain and Africa, 

Turkey and Greece, and the far-off islands that

never heard of me, who know nothing of what

I've done, nor who I am. I'll send them out as 

missionaries to teach my glory among the nations.

They'll return with all your long-lost brothers and sisters

from all over the world. They'll bring them back and offer

them in living worship to God. They'll bring them on horses

and wagons and carts on mules and camels, straight to my holy

mountain Jerusalem," says God."They'll present them just as 

Israelites present their offerings in a ceremonial vessel in the Temple

of God. I'll even take some of them and make them priests and Levites,"

says, God.

Eugene H. Peterson,








"d Greece

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Speak Jesus

A David Psalm, when he outwitted Abimelech and got away. (Psalm 34)

The Innkeeper’s Wife