I Speak Jesus

 Besides affecting our eternal salvation, Christ's crucifixion affects us every 

day of our lives. God's way of being among us is to get down to our level,

to enter the humiliation of death, to share the persecution and the pain, to 

get into our skin and go through these things with us. It's impossible to take

the truth of the gospel and divorce it from the way of the gospel. We're not

allowed to pick and choose among the truths of the Bible and not make up

a private anthology of comforting sayings. Jesus is the Way as well as the Truth.

And the way is crucifixion. Suffering is part of that reality. It's comforting to know

I can get beneath God. Wherever I am, however low I get, he has been there and is

with me there and longing for fellowship with me there.

Eugene H. Peterson






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A David Psalm, when he outwitted Abimelech and got away. (Psalm 34)

The Innkeeper’s Wife